Aristotele's Credit School
Eastern High School of Commerce
Hi everyone! On behalf of the Parents' Council, I'd like to welcome you to the 2009-2010 Aristotele's Credit School year.
Members of this year's parent council are:
Chair: George Katsuras
Elections for Council positions will be held at the next parents' General Meeting scheduled for November 14.
We, as parents, need to support the School (both administrators and staff) so our children can succeed. When asked by the Parents' Council what the top priorities should be for parents in assisting the school, the principal recommended the following:
Late arrivals. We need your support to instill in your children the importance of being at school at least ten minutes before the start of class (i.e., 8:50 A.M.). Students arriving late not only disrupt the class but also show lack of respect to the school, their teachers and fellow students. To address this issue, the Education Committee has recently introduced a late arrival policy:A list of students coming late is kept on file by each teacher, and if their name appears more than 2 times, parents will be called and students will not be allowed to go to the class until they have a meeting with the Principal.
Further, to address the issue of late arrivals after snack breaks, you are encouraged to remind your son/daughter that the break is only 20 minutes. If they go out, they must return promptly so as to not disrupt the class.
- Parental Visibility. We would like to see more parents on Saturdays and at meetings in order to show our kids that we support and value the School. Parent visibility is especially important at the start of the day (rather than simply dropping your children at the door, come in and say hello to their teacher), during the snack break, and at the end of the day. You'd be surprised what impact this small gesture has on how our children view the importance their parent's place on Greek school.
- Code-of-Conduct. Included in your child's registration package materials was a Code-of-Conduct form. If you haven't already done so, please review, sign and return this form as soon as possible. Behaviour of our children at Greek school should be no different than what is expected of them in their day schools. Parents' Council urges parents to raise this topic with their children and stress the importance of abiding by the code-of-conduct.
All our staff members are qualified educators and we welcome them to the School.
Administrator: Mr. Themis Aravossitas
Grade 9 Kostas Flengas
Grade 10 Adrianne Stamatopoulou
Grade 11 Alexandra Kaklamanou
Grade 11 Maria Kouzeli
Grade 12 Maria Angeli
A Calendar of Events has already been sent home with your child at the beginning of the school year.
Days to check on your calendar:
- University orientation Day: Saturday October 31 ( for Gr. 11-12)
- Curriculum day: Saturday November 14 ( new date)
- Last Day Before X-Mas Break: Saturday Dec 19, 2009
- School resumes: January 9, 2010
- Mid-Term Test: Saturday January 23, 2010
- Parents- Teachers Interviews :
Saturday February 20, 12:30-1:00
- March Break: No Classes for Saturday March 13 and March 20, 2010
- Final Exams: Saturday May 8, 2010
- School Dance for Students May 21, 2010
- Graduation: Saturday 29, 2010
(For more details see School Calendar.)
In addition to these events, we're planning on expanding the number of extra-curricular activities, including bowling and a Ski Day. More details will be provided later in the school year.
To be added to the Parents' Council email list, please send an email with "add me to the E-Mail list" in the subject line to:
The next General Meeting is October 10 at 9:15 a.m. at the School. Please make every effort to attend.
If you have any questions regarding the School, please contact the following Parents' Council member:
Your Parents' Council